Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Finally.

Finally.

Since 2004 baseball has pretty much been dead. Sure as a Red Sox fan I celebrated in 2007 after the sweep of Colorado's Triple A Affiliate but something was missing. The next day I went about my business, saw the parade on TV, bought my Papelbon jersey etc...
But I don't think my heart rate ever went above 4.

I loved the Cleveland series in '07, don't get me wrong, but I didn't hate Cleveland. I always love beating the Angels, as they did this year, but they are just Pittsburgh Steeler-esque "The Best Team Lost" paper champions.

(sidenote1: Where was all the "The best team lost today" garbage when the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl? I mean the classless, pond scum Patriots lead by their disrespectful scumbag of a coach surely would have at least risen to the level of a John Lackey or Jerome Bettis, no?)
(sidenote 2: I cannot wait until they lose to the Chargers this weekend.)

But I don't hate Cleveland, I don't hate the Angels.
I only hate one team. The only one that matters.
Yesterday standing in front of the cameras with his big dumb 200 million dollar smile Mark Teixiera conjured up the most bittersweet of emotions. Was I pissed, yup. Did I love it? yup.
Darth Vader rebuilt the Death Star. The machines have sent back another Terminator, Moriarty has devised another devious plan.
The Yeankees are back.
And nothing makes this Red Sox fan happier.

No comments: